Monday, January 4, 2016

I saw "The Big Short" and have things to say! My review, courtesy of GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERC

See this one soon!
Find out if I loved it or hated it (spoiler: loved it) by reading my review on "The Big Short" thanks to our Godaddy coupon CJCSIGLERC

First things first: Happy New Year to you! I hope everyone had a good vacation there at the end of the year. I had a little time off, which was great, and got caught up on a lot of work too. All good things!

On one of my days off, I went to see "The Big Short."  It's a movie about the 2008 housing collapse and following worldwide financial crisis.  I know that sounds uber depressing and hard, and it was, don't get me wrong. It's awful to see terrible people being terrible, and it's even worse knowing it's based on a true story we all had to live through.

That said, it's also great. Easy to understand VERY hard concepts, by the movie makers creative use of breaking the fourth wall. Even Selena Gomez is in it!

My spoiler free review:

The short: My short on The Big Short is very short: yes, you should see it.

The longer: Very difficult to understand subject matter made easy, and entertaining. That's no small feat, and yet exactly what this movie does. You learn so much you didn't know and probably won't remember too clearly in a week!

It's an examination of the failing of the housing market in the US in 2008, and the people who saw the fail coming and bet against it in the stock market. And those people are the good guys, I promise you!

I'd go see it if I were you and had time, because of the stellar cast, but you can wait and see this one on Netflix too. No NEED to see it on the big screen. Just more fun that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment