Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Here's why I love Let The Right One In, thanks to GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERP


For giving me space to write this early December review, big thanks to GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERP which gets you 30% off your entire order of new products only. 

I like horror movies as much as the next gal, but sometimes they're pretty cheesy. And there's a time and a place for that, but it's not my very favorite.

Earlier on this blog I reviewed "It Follows" and that was more a psychological thriller. I do love a good horror thriller, and this one was okay, but a bit too nonsensical.

Which brings me to Let the Right One In. In so many ways, the perfect horror movie. Thrilling, subtle, and with great horror scenes, this is one of the best horror movies in the last decade, if not one of the best horror movies period.

My spoiler free review:

The short: Oskar, an overlooked and bullied boy, finds love and revenge through Eli, a beautiful but peculiar girl.

The longer: It's hard to say much without spoiling, but I'll say that Oskar is lonely and clever and good, and he's unfairly picked on by his classmates.  Then he meets Eli, and she's lonely and clever and not picked on. And first they are friends, and then they are best friends, and then life goes on. Well, for Oskar, and for Eli too, in her way. 

It's dark and sad and also funny and smart, this film.  And most of the horror takes place off-screen, and I promise you it doesn't matter one lick that you don't see the gore and blood.

If you haven't seen it, make sure to see the original (movie poster above) and not the US remake. The original will tear your heart out and you'll be thankful that it does. It's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment