Thursday, November 26, 2015

I'm watching The Leftovers. Want to know why? My thoughts, thanks to GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERP


My mid-November review of The Leftovers, thanks to GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERP which gets you 30% off your entire order of new products only. 


Listen, I didn't watch Lost. And the reason I didn't is that I watched the pilot and thought "they're in Purgatory." (Spoiler alert!) Turns out, they were in Purgatory for many seasons, as were many of the viewers who waited and watched for something more.

The Leftovers is produced by the same guy, and while I'm still watching, I'm starting to think all he does is purgatory stories.

My spoiler free review for the series (so far):

The short: One crazy day, 2% of the world's population is "departed" and disappear. No cause detected, no answers as to why some were taken and some remain. Chaos ensues, as does miracle seeking.

The longer: Well, there's not a lot more to say than what I've said above without spoilers, but here's something:  Kevin Garvey has retired and moved with Nora Durst and his daughter Jill to the Jarden, Texas, a town untouched by The Departure. Also coming to town are Matt Jamison who has moved with his wife, Mary.

I think they might somehow be in purgatory. Again with the purgatory. It's not they they didn't get Departed, it's that they're not yet moved over into the other side. They're waiting in a place that looks like home, but doesn't feel like home. 

I'm not sure if I'm staying with 'em or not, honestly. It's getting like a lot of meandering story and not a lot of payoff. Which we've seen end poorly before. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment