Monday, October 12, 2015

"Coherence" was … ooof. I will tell you my thoughts this October night thanks to GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERC

It's October, and it's finally time I review a movie that didn't do it for me. I'm still doing so thanks using our Godaddy coupon CJCSIGLERC

Coherence is set up thusly: Strange things begin to happen when a group of friends gather for a dinner party on an evening when a comet is passing overhead.

My spoiler free review:

The short: I'm a science based kind of person, there is no doubt. So I know that when a comet passes close to the Earth, no matter how many people I'm having dinner with, and no matter how close the comet gets to Earth, I'll be fine. Nonetheless, I rolled with quite a lot of this storyline.

I loved the ingenuity of the dinner party guests, and I love the icon box that they build to see what's what (nothing more to say there to avoid spoilers).

The longer: Although I really loved the glow sticks and the general tenacity of the guests, I was disappointed that the storyline ended up taking a smaller, goofier path to it's end. It became a tiny story about a tiny person, instead of a story about the whole world at large and everyone's stake in the universe. And the science kind of stank, as you'd imagine.

Still, a mystery about a multiverse is probably worth a gander if you like that kind of thing.  See Primer first, for sure. And skip Upstream Color for sure. This one is a good middle ground in that scheme.

I didn't see a lot of coherence in Coherence.

No comments:

Post a Comment