Monday, September 14, 2015

My "Wild" review, thanks to GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERC

Before you get away from it all! Get your own blog for just 99 cents this September using our Godaddy coupon CJCSIGLERC

I saw Wild this week on DVD. Starring Reese Witherspoon, based on the book by Cheryl Strayed.

My review, as ever will be short and spoiler-free, because that's just polite.

The short: It was a little too on-the-nose and easy on the back story for my tastes, especially since the Pacific Coast Trail hike that Cheryl takes is meant to exorcise her demons. But that's probably because the majority of the movie (and book) is about her experience on the trail itself, so that makes sense.

The longer: I will say I liked the complexity of the character's downward spiral and journey back. Life is hard, people, this is just the facts. Getting from here to tomorrow can sometimes be more than you can do easily. I've been there myself, as I'm guessing have most of you reading. That's life.

Reese Witherspoon and Laura Dern were simply great. From showing us simple love to complex heartbreak, perfection.

If you have comments, post them here! Or, you could always start your own blog …

No comments:

Post a Comment