Tuesday, September 8, 2015

My review of "Trainwreck" thanks to GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERC

Don't delay! September is the month to get your own blog for just 99 cents! Use our Godaddy coupon CJCSIGLERC

We've been doing television reviews, and I thought I'd throw movies into the mix! YOU can do anything on your blog, I'm telling you: talk about your favorite cereals, or celebrity dogs, or the best lattes in your town. The sky is the limit here people.

Trainwreck!
I'm going to talk about the new Amy Schumer movie Trainwreck, but I'm going to keep it short and sweet and spoiler-free, because that's just the way I roll.

The short: I liked it. It's a comedy, and I needed a comedy this week. And it's well within the wheelhouse of what you'd expect from Amy Schumer and Judd Apatow, so that's great.

The longer: It's a bit less nuanced that Ms. Schumer's stand-up, but that's to be expected in a full-cast movie with several sub-plots. Her stand-up is raunchy and cutting and "on fleek" as the kids say, and a goodly amount of this movie is just as sharp.  There are a few things that ring untrue for the highly successful woman she plays in the movie, and for the very, very successful physician she dates (played wonderfully well by Bill Heder) but that's kind of to be expected in a light comedy as well. It's a limitation of the format for the genre, not the comedy chops at work here.

Oh, and Lebron James AND John Cena were totally awesome.

If I were you, I'd see it. And then maybe I'd blog about it too, just like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment