After much consideration and some very good recommendations, I settled upon Archer.
All I have to say is I can't believe I didn't watch this show sooner.
This show is very clever, which is something that I adore.
Wait, let me back it up.
The show has striking similarities to Arrested Development with the family dynamics, the quick wit of the characters, and the frequent use of running jokes.
Main characters are:
- Sterling Archer: the greatest spy and son of Malory Archer
- Malory Archer: the boss of ISIS (I do believe they change this later on with the development of the terrorist group) and mother to Archer. This character truly is the mother from Arrested Development plus a gun. It is just a continuation.
- Lana: very hot operative, ex girlfriend of Sterling.
- Pam: HR representative
- Cheryl: secretary with multiple fetishes
- Cyril: accountant that keeps trying to be an operative
I am currently streaming the show on Netflix and the episodes are approximately 21 minutes long. It's so amazing because there are no commercials. Plus (depending on the way you look at it), stupid Netflix automatically loads the next episode for you so before you know it, you've watched 3 episodes.
It also has crass humor as well, so it has something for everyone.
It is clearly very popular as it just wrapped up it's 6th season and has been given a 7th. I do believe I also just read that it won a critic's choice award for best animated series.
I love it.
This will be the new show that I post about.
I'm assuming in seasons, until I get caught up, as by next week I will have blown through season 4 already.
This blog is made possible thanks to GoDaddy coupon CJCSIGLERC. Get your very own blog for just $0.99. I personally like to blog about television shows, but you can blog about whatever you like! Certainly at less that a dollar you can give it a go!