Monday, September 1, 2014

My "The Strain Thoughts" blog thanks to GoDaddy coupon 199scott

This blog is made possible thanks to Godaddy coupon 199scot. You, too, can write your own blog for just $1.99.

I'm seriously running out of shows! With the end of Breaking Bad and True Blood, I don't have regular shows. Justified, Mad Men, Walking Dead, and Big Bang are all on hiatus. I really don't watch anything else.

Therefore, I had to go in search of a new show to watch. I found one in The Strain.



First of all, let me divulge that I read the books in The Strain series. I'm a huge Guillermo del Toro fan. One of my all time favorite movies is Pan's Labyrinth. I also love all the creatures from Hellboy and Pacific Rim.

Therefore, I started in on the series.

It's a little hoakie, to tell you the truth. I can't suspend belief every time I see Sean Astin on the screen. I don't know why, he's a fine actor in this role, it's just ... I can't.

I love the dude from House of cards, although, it took me forever (!) to figure out who it was. He has hair in this series, so it took me quite awhile. I pride myself on being able to place actors. This was not one of my better guessing games.

Anywho, the story is about a vampire who gets smuggled on a plane that lands in New York City. Everyone on board, save for, I think three, maybe four, are alive. However, we quickly learn they all change into vampires --it just takes some time.

The other thing is there is an eclipse, perfectly timed, so that it increases the spread of the vampires since the daylight is blocked out, barring of course reality as eclipses really don't take that long.

We also know there is a really rich guy that financed this whole thing, we presume, at this point in the tv show, that it is because he is dying and he wants them to do something for him -- like make him a vampire. Yet, not an icky vampire, one of the smart ones. Although, we are not sure how this works.

There is a really cool gang guy with a big friend. Then there is an exterminator -- we like him. he's from Lost too, so we like him for that as well.

We haven't seen him for a few episodes, but there is a rock star. He's been turned. He's one of the ones that "lived" on the plane.

That's all you need to know for now. I'm one episode behind, which, I'm gonna go watch now as I have a few minutes, and quite frankly, after writing this synopsis, I'm kinda excited for.

For more information, please go to http://www.scottsigler.com/godaddy-promo-codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment