Monday, September 29, 2014

My John Adams Miniseries Thoughts blog thanks to GoDaddy coupon scottgot

This blog is made possible thanks to GoDaddy coupon scottgot. Get your own blog for the rest of September for just $1 a month.

I have been actively watching the John Adams miniseries from HBO.

I know, I know. I'm a little behind. However, I have been enjoying HBO shows lately, so I thought I would give this a try. I also really, really love history, so I thought this would be a nice experience.

Here are my thoughts. I can't stand Paul Giamatti. He is such an annoying actor that he essentially ruins the series for me. He overacts, you can tell he is acting, and I just find him gross.

However, Laura Linney's turn as Abigail Adams is excellent. I haven't really seen much of what she has been in so I have no bias. She is superb in this role. I love every moment that she is on the screen and I find myself wishing that there was more time devoted to her.

What I do really enjoy about the series is the interaction between the founding fathers. I like seeing Jefferson interact with John Adams, I like seeing the relationship with Hamilton. It really helps the history you learned in school jump off the page a dazzle your mind.

However, I really don't feel like I learned much. As strange as that sounds. I don't feel educated by this series and I don't feel dazzled by anyone's performance outside of Linney's. I feel like a lot of hollywood friends got together and it was the "cool" thing to be in this series.

That's my take on the series. Overall my recommendation? Skip it.

For more information, please visit http://www.scottsigler.com/godaddy-promo-codes.

No comments:

Post a Comment