Monday, April 14, 2014

My "Game of Thrones Thoughts" blog thanks to GoDaddy coupon sigler295

GoDaddy coupon sigler295 got me this blog for $2.95.

***Spoilers***

Wow! Last night's episode of GoT was awesome! I won't bore you with the details, but just tell you my favorite parts.

Every line that Tyrion says. He's an amazing character, beautifully played by Peter Dinklage. I loved his verbal sparring with King Joffrey. Whether it be when Tyrion gave Joffrey the book, or how masterfully Tyrion evaded Joffrey's attempts at humiliating him at the reception. Sure, it humiliating, but the pride that Tyrion showed by not being completely subservient to Joffrey was amazing.

During the wedding reception, I wish the camera would have lingered more on Tyrion's attempt to console Sansa by holding her hand. I thought that was a sweet moment, especially if we could have seen if Sansa allowed him to console her. It was touching to see Sansa crawl under the table to get the goblet for Tyrion. Hopefully, she can see by now that they both are puppets, their strings played by Cersei, Joffrey, and Tywin Lannister.

Personally, I loved the whole scene at the banquet with all of the various big-hitters being appauled at Joffrey's behavior. I know it was to setup a "who done it", and it worked.

When aunt Olenna says to Sansa "Killing a man at a wedding! What sort of monster would do such a thing?" Perhaps that was prophetic. I mean, there was all that foreshadowing in the previous season of aunt Olenna asking Sansa what kind of person King Joffrey was. I don't think this aunt really wanted Margaery to have to live it for herself on her wedding night. Aunt Olenna is my first choice for who killed Joffrey.

My other suspect for the "who done it" could be Tyrion's mistress, Shae. Well, not just her. She must be in cahoots with someone else. I always thought that necklace on Sansa's neck was a little to Mockingjay.

On a final note. Although I HATED King Joffrey, and wanted to see him killed off in the show, like most people, I will sort of miss how deliciously evil he was. Also, in a way, I really wish there was more of a showdown with his killer. I'd love to see the person get the satisfaction of knowing that King Joffrey knew who killed him. I know there is a lot of chatter about it being one of the Stark kids, but I don't need it to be. Jaime Lannister? Tywin Lannister -- they all do fine. I would have loved to see Margaery do him in as well. Maybe on their wedding night, with a good witty remark of her own.

That's my blog about my thoughts on the Game of Thrones episode. I can't wait until next week!

Where's this guy been??









No comments:

Post a Comment